Monday, November 26, 2007

glutinous rice pudding - finally

This is the very last of the second batch of glutinous rice pudding I made, it almost never made it as a photo. The smiley face of coconut milk is an accident. It is not traditional to put dried longans in it, but my mom and my grandmother have been doing it for ages, so this is the version I like best. As it is a family recipe I am reluctant to put it up here, but email me personally if you want to know what's in it.


Spicy noodle soup. As you can see from the notes on the table, this was exam time. I cheat by using tomyam paste from a jar. Don't tell anyone.

Just returned yesterday from 2 weeks in China, at least half was spent eating vegetarian food (not by choice). I did end up singing the meat song - which has only one word and goes like this meat meat meat meat meat meat (to the tune of any song). Thankfully, Xiamen is a food paradise not for vegetarians and you'll be glad to know that my Mandarin is at least good enough to avoid the stalls selling dog soup.

Will blog once I've organised pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great photo Wei. Have just shown a teacher at school. My production didn't look as tasty as yours.