Monday, April 09, 2007

burger queen


It's a song by placebo btw.

I made burgers over the long weekend, thinking it would last me through the week. Ha ha. I had friends over for dinner, gave some away and ate the last four for lunch today. All gone now.

Burgers are a great way to get rid of leftovers. These are veggie ones. You need a mix of mashy and chunky. The mashy ingredients (tofu, blended chickpea, potato, pumpkin, rice) are to give bulk and help the burger stick together, and the chunky ingredients (onions, carrots, broccoli, leeks) lend bite.

Cook the mashy ingredients and smoosh them up. Chop the chunky ingredients in tiny bits and fry them. Mix the 2 and add seasoning - salt, italian herbs, or go asian, kafir lime, chili, coriander. I underseasoned mine, but I guess you can afford to make them more salty, depending if you are serving them with a sauce or not.

Form into patties and dust with flour (or an egg batter). Deep or shallow fry.

Eat plain, or with ketchup/sweet chilli sauce. Lingams (malaysia boleh!) I had some chopped up preserved lemon with mine. It went very well, which makes me think of making chickpea patties with chopped up preserved lemon next time.

No comments: