Monday, February 26, 2007

back in action





















Yes, I am back in Melbourne and back at the stove too. Dinner was lightly-fried marinated tofu (kecap manis and mirin), corn and celery soup and a cabbage, yellow zucchini, carrot garlic stir-fry. Make sure you have some liquid like water or rice wine and a tight lid, cos the cabbage needs to cook but without becoming soggy.

In the 72 hours I've been back, my fridge is full again. I've made hommus, a salty miso pickle from daikon leaves (they broke off), and a pumpkin and chicken stew (the chicken was frozen from before I left - don't worry, am sure it is safe to eat).

Now off to a different diet - vegging out with the oscars. George Clooney is as hot as ever. I am always concerned that one day, he will do a Cary Grant and my dreams will be shattered.

No comments: